Wild Edible Recipe: Sauteed Puffball Mushrooms

Wild Edible Recipe: Sauteed Puffball Mushrooms

Murphy - Wild Edible Recipe: Sauteed Puffball Mushrooms

Good afternoon. Yesterday, I discovered Murphy - Wild Edible Recipe: Sauteed Puffball Mushrooms. Which may be very helpful if you ask me therefore you.

Yes! I did it! I love the safe bet feeling of learning something new.

What I said. It just isn't the actual final outcome that the real about Murphy. You see this article for information about anyone need to know is Murphy.

Murphy

Until yesterday I was sure of two edible mushrooms. Today I am sure of four. My two new delicacies are the Gem-studded puffball and the Pear-shaped puffball. I have a fifth under study.

Before I share this recipe, it's time for my disclaimer: all the time test for edibility.

When I procure mushrooms, I put each species in a detach paper bag. When I get home, I take them out of the paper bag and begin my optical study.

The mushroom under study right now is the fawn mushroom. I found one on a hike with "Wildman" Steve Brill last month. I have found it twice since, but did not eat it. I just studied the shape, how the gills were attached and the stem. "Wildman" has made replicas out of Sculpey - which is an perfect way to enhance observation skills. It's also fun.

I am cautious enough to consult other mushroom identification guides, but "Wildman" has the best photos and his sculptures are accurate. I am now making a spore print and when I do sample this mushroom, it will be a piece the size of a green pea.

The Recipe:

Sautéed Gem-studded (Lycoperdon perlatum) or Pear-shaped (Lycoperdon pyriforme) mushrooms:

1. Remove mushrooms from paper bag, trim dirt and wipe with a cloth or paper towel

2. Do not wash or immerse in water. Do not salt. That makes the mushrooms tough

3. Cut the larger mushrooms into bite-size pieces

4. Coat with olive oil and one-half teaspoon of lemon or lime juice

5. Set pan over low heat, then add coated puffball mushrooms

6. Cook until tender

Puffballs are fragrant when picked and they do have a safe bet flavor, but it is delicate. I enjoyed it as a straightforward side dish.

I hope you get new knowledge about Murphy. Where you possibly can offer easy use in your day-to-day life. And just remember, your reaction is passed about Murphy. Read more.. Wild Edible Recipe: Sauteed Puffball Mushrooms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review